Friday, March 24, 2006

Jaffe Juice


Last night I went to hear marketing guru, owner of consulting firm ‘Get The Juice’ and author of ‘Life after the 30 sec spot’ Joseph Jaffe speak at a lecture at the Fashion Institute of Technology hosted by Third Way. This was on the request of my dear friend Thomas – who listen to Joe’s podcast ‘Across the Sound’ – a fact that both Joe and his publicist loved. When members of the audience disputed Joe’s statement that ‘podcats are becoming the direct way into our ears, minds and hearts’ I argued that the reason for me attending this lecture was solely based on podcasting marketing and the ideology of the blogosphere.

My story about being from Denmark, working in New York, a friend in Denmark listening to Across the Sound emailing me, me attending was like the essence of what Joe was trying to convey. So, Thomas, I got a written message for you in my Moleskin from Joe. He encouraged me to send him some audio comments – so maybe we should Skype soon, I can review the lecture, we can discuss its issues, record it and send it to him?

Anyway, the lecture was interesting and made good points, but was nothing radically new for those of us who follow blogging and podcasting tendencies, however for the traditional CEO's of advertising firms that attended I think it was quite rebellious. Joe’s arguments resembled those of Tom Peters – 10 years later, 10 years younger :o) – but very well updated, and better fitted, for today’s digital revolution.

At the lecture I also met David (from Ministry of Culture) & Michelle (from Leashes and Lovers) who seemed like really cool people that I hope to meet again. Michelle was promoting a band called Brother Love Rocks playing at our favorite rack bar Arlene's Grocery. Always happy to promote anything going on there!
David, Michelle if you are free Monday night come to Arlene's around 10 pm for the fab Rock'n'Roll Karaoke night - I am sad to say it will be my last night out in NYC.

2 Comments:

Blogger PodcastNYC.net said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:34 AM  
Blogger PodcastNYC.net said...

Have no fear. You can stay connected with the city (and see more of Brother Love) by subscribing to The New York Minute Show audio and video podcast.

And, you can check out Brolo's podcast over at http://brotherlovenotes.blogspot.com.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home